November 21st, 2012, 08:05 AM
ADO Fields Collection - Name and Type showing empty
Update: Not sure exactly what was causing the problem, but when I turned on Option Explicit and resolved any issues I ended up with a working code. Since this is of little use to anyone I suggest an Admin kindly delete this post.
I have a strange problem that I hope you can assist me with. I'm looping through a recordset looking at the fieldnames and types as follows:
As a standalone .asp file this works fine, but when I attempt to use it via a server side include the Fields.Type and Fields.Name always come back as nothing. There is definitely a resultset as I can debug and see the fields count is correct, and if I add a test to the for loop to retrieve a specific field, i.e. rs_access("fieldname") I get the data displayed.
fieldsCount = rs_access.Fields.Count
For i_count = 0 To fieldsCount - 1
tempType = rs_access.Fields(i_count).Type
tempName = rs_access.Fields(i_count).Name
Last edited by badasafish; November 21st, 2012 at 11:09 AM.