1. No Profile Picture
    Steve Schofield
    ASP Mastermind (5000+ posts)

encode or encrypt?

<i><b>Originally posted by : master</b></i><br /><br />My friend sent me a web page that is developed using ASP. However, I cannot see any ASP codes in the page and seems they are all encoded. it lokks like this:<br /><%=#@~^DgAAAA==9/^MkaYkKxvq#BgUAAA==^#~@%><br /><br />There contents are between <% & %>, looks like whatever is inside is ASP.<br /><br />Anyone know what's the problem? My friend said the page he sent me is already the source.<br /><br />What can I do to decode it?<br />What is that happen to source code?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Steve Schofield
    ASP Mastermind (5000+ posts)
    <i><b>Originally posted by : Alex</b></i><br />Your friend encoded it using the Microsoft script encoder. You can find it on the Microsoft website in the scripting section (sorry can't find the URL)<br /><br />You cannot unencode it once its encoded. You can tell if it encoded because on the top of the page it should say VBSCRIPT.ENCODE or JSCRIPT.ENCODE depending on the language he is using.<br /><br /><br /><br />------------<br />master at 9/26/2000 1:42:40 PM<br /><br /><br />My friend sent me a web page that is developed using ASP. However, I cannot see any ASP codes in the page and seems they are all encoded. it lokks like this:<br /><%=#@~^DgAAAA==9/^MkaYkKxvq#BgUAAA==^#~@%><br /><br />There contents are between <% & %>, looks like whatever is inside is ASP.<br /><br />Anyone know what's the problem? My friend said the page he sent me is already the source.<br /><br />What can I do to decode it?<br />What is that happen to source code?