Notices

Great community. Great ideas.

Welcome to ASP/Free, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge of Microsoft's development and administration technologies. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.

Thread: Getting the Error:[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

Share This Thread →
    Steve Schofield Guest

Getting the Error:[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

<i><b>Originally posted by : Velayutham (s_velu@usa.net)</b></i><br />I am having a table which is having a 50,000 records. If I try to retrieve 10 records<br />from the table I am getting the followig error:<br /><br /><br />Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'<br /><br />[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation<br /><br />bug.asp, line 20 (i.e in the rs.open statement)<br /><br /><br />I am getting the above error exactly after 30 seconds.<br /><br />I have checked with the Oracle documentation the error says that the user has pressed the<br />CTRL+C<br /><br />I have not done anything. I think so the IIS has fired the key.<br /><br />I am using the following configuration:<br /><br />WinNT 4.0,IIS 4.0, Oracle 8i(8.1.5), Windows 98 Nodes,IE5.0 is the browser.<br />Session Timeout 20 minutes<br />ASP Script timeout 90 seconds<br />I am using Oracle ODBC Driver for dsn connection.<br /><br /><br />The following is the source code.<br /><br /><%@ Language=VBScript %><br /><HTML><br /><HEAD><br /><META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0"><br /></HEAD><br /><BODY><br /><!--#include file="adovbs.inc"--><br /><%<br /> Dim rs,sql,dsn<br /> set rs = server.createObject("ADODB.Recordset")<br /> sql = " SELECT to_char(CLIENT.ID) ID, "&_<br /> " DPM_CLIENT_ID, "&_<br /> " FIRST_HOLDER_NAME "&_<br /> " FROM CLIENT "<br /> dsn = "dsn=oracleserver;uid=dp2000;pwd=dp2000;"<br /> rs.activeconnection = dsn<br /> rs.cursorlocation = 3<br /> rs.cursortype = adopenstatic<br /> rs.source = sql<br /> rs.open<br /> rs.activeconnection = nothing<br /> rs.pagesize = 10<br /> rs.MoveFirst<br /> Response.Write("<br>")<br /> Response.Write("Client Name")<br /> Response.Write("<br>")<br /> For i = 1 to 10<br /> Response.Write(rs.Fields("FIRST_HOLDER_NAME"))<br /> Response.Write("<br>")<br /> rs.MoveNext<br /> Next<br />%><br /></BODY><br /></HTML><br /><br />Can Any One help me.<br /><br />I will be greatfull.<br /><br />Thanking You.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />S. Velayutham<br /><br />

Steve Schofield Guest
    <i><b>Originally posted by : steve</b></i><br />reinstall mdac 2.1.2 and see if using the latest mdac will solve oracle based problems<br /><br />http://microsoft.com/mdac<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />------------<br />Velayutham at 5/22/2000 10:55:57 PM<br /><br />I am having a table which is having a 50,000 records. If I try to retrieve 10 records<br />from the table I am getting the followig error:<br /><br /><br />Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'<br /><br />[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation<br /><br />bug.asp, line 20 (i.e in the rs.open statement)<br /><br /><br />I am getting the above error exactly after 30 seconds.<br /><br />I have checked with the Oracle documentation the error says that the user has pressed the<br />CTRL+C<br /><br />I have not done anything. I think so the IIS has fired the key.<br /><br />I am using the following configuration:<br /><br />WinNT 4.0,IIS 4.0, Oracle 8i(8.1.5), Windows 98 Nodes,IE5.0 is the browser.<br />Session Timeout 20 minutes<br />ASP Script timeout 90 seconds<br />I am using Oracle ODBC Driver for dsn connection.<br /><br /><br />The following is the source code.<br /><br /><%@ Language=VBScript %><br /><HTML><br /><HEAD><br /><META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0"><br /></HEAD><br /><BODY><br /><!--#include file="adovbs.inc"--><br /><%<br /> Dim rs,sql,dsn<br /> set rs = server.createObject("ADODB.Recordset")<br /> sql = " SELECT to_char(CLIENT.ID) ID, "&_<br /> " DPM_CLIENT_ID, "&_<br /> " FIRST_HOLDER_NAME "&_<br /> " FROM CLIENT "<br /> dsn = "dsn=oracleserver;uid=dp2000;pwd=dp2000;"<br /> rs.activeconnection = dsn<br /> rs.cursorlocation = 3<br /> rs.cursortype = adopenstatic<br /> rs.source = sql<br /> rs.open<br /> rs.activeconnection = nothing<br /> rs.pagesize = 10<br /> rs.MoveFirst<br /> Response.Write("<br>")<br /> Response.Write("Client Name")<br /> Response.Write("<br>")<br /> For i = 1 to 10<br /> Response.Write(rs.Fields("FIRST_HOLDER_NAME"))<br /> Response.Write("<br>")<br /> rs.MoveNext<br /> Next<br />%><br /></BODY><br /></HTML><br /><br />Can Any One help me.<br /><br />I will be greatfull.<br /><br />Thanking You.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />S. Velayutham<br /><br />

Share This Thread →

Become Part of This Conversation

Join NowFor Free!