Notices

Great community. Great ideas.

Welcome to ASP/Free, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge of Microsoft's development and administration technologies. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.

Thread: How can I do this?

Share This Thread →
    theDogger is offline Registered User

Question How can I do this?

Ok I am helping a friend with a website for a local ski shop to sell online. I have done dynamic sites before and have managed to figure things out most of the time by searching....but I am really butting my head against the wall. Here is what I need to do.(I am using .ASP and Access DB)

On the admin side he will be able to input new inventory such as skis. Every brand has different lengths, If I create a multi-choice crop menu and insert that into the DB it gives me the following in one field in the DB...160 cm, 161 cm, 162 cm, 163 cm

Ok so how do I display that on the front end so it will allow them to select from an individual lengths that are available? I can only get it to return 160 cm, 161 cm, 162 cm, 163 cm when I query the DB.

Check this link to see what I am talking about on a front side. It lists the sizes that are available and allows it to be passed on

Elan Amphibio Waveflex 78 Ti Skis with ELX 11.0 Fusion Bindings 2013

thanks for the help..

theDogger

theDogger is offline Registered User
    Any one? Or am I just not making clear what I am trying to accomplish?

theDogger

bigmike1212 is offline 0x800A0C93
    You aren't clear.

You are putting in 160 cm and getting out 160 cm. What's the problem?

Or do you mean you are inserting
    160, 161, 162, 163

as a single entry, which would be the wrong way to do it?
    Brinkster- free development account. Not affiliated, but I sure like free. Brinkster.com

twisted-pixel is offline Contributing User
    If I understand correctly, you are saying that not all skis come in all lengths and therefore you don't want to display all lengths for all skis?

I have a similar script which has sizes for clothes, and not all clothes are available in all sizes. So, I have the sizes in one table, and the clothes in another, then I have a table that contains a link between the two

so, I select my clothes product, which then does a look up to see which sizes are available for that product and display them

Code:
    Choose Size :
            <select name="productsize">
            <%
    		strSQL2 = "Select ProductSize from ProductSizes PS where SizeID in (select SizeID from SizeMap where ProductID =" &  rs("Record_ID") & ") order by PS.SizeID "
    		set rs2=conn.execute(strSQL2)
    		do while not rs2.eof 
    		%>
            <option><%=rs2("ProductSize")%></option>
            <%
    		rs2.movenext
    		loop
    		%>

gk53 is offline Contributing User
    publish you table structure It seems like it is SQL issue
    GK
    __________________________________________________ _____
    if you found this post is useful click Give Rep button (bottom side on this reply ) and agree

Share This Thread →

Become Part of This Conversation

Join NowFor Free!

ASP Free Advertisers and Affiliates