Notices

Great community. Great ideas.

Welcome to ASP/Free, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge of Microsoft's development and administration technologies. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.

Thread: SQL Select statement within a Select statement

Share This Thread →
    phoenixaz is offline Contributing User

SQL Select statement within a Select statement

The code below works just fine in an asp emailer as it loops through the DB. A BIG thank you goes out to BigMike1212 for helping me with this code.

Code:
    strSQL = "SELECT id,name, email, max(issueddate) AS max_date FROM (SELECT table1.id,table1.name as name, table1.email AS email, table2.issueddate AS issueddate FROM table1 INNER JOIN table2 ON table1.id=table2.id WHERE table1.remove is null and (table1.id >= '"& id1 &"' and table1.id <= '"& id2 &"') and month(table2.issueddate) between month('" & dDateFrom & "') and month('" & dDateTo & "'))  AS a GROUP BY id, name, email ORDER BY 1"
    I now want to add one more condition from another table (table3) and can't figure out how to add another select statement to the above code. I want to add:

Code:
    SELECT SUM (Credits) from Table3 where date > '1/1/2012'
    in addition to where the SUM of id = '0' (id is in table 1,2 and 3) (id equals the customer id)

What I want to accomplish is for emails to be sent to all in the very top code except for customers that have already made a purchase.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks

gk53 is offline Contributing User
    try that
    Code:
    strSQL = "SELECT a.id, a.name, a.email, max(a.issueddate) AS max_date, SUM(b.Credits) as credits FROM (SELECT table1.id,table1.name as name, table1.email AS email, table2.issueddate AS issueddate FROM table1 INNER JOIN table2 ON table1.id=table2.id WHERE table1.remove is null and (table1.id >= '"& id1 &"' and table1.id <= '"& id2 &"') and month(table2.issueddate) between month('" & dDateFrom & "') and month('" & dDateTo & "'))  AS a join from Table3 as b on b.id=a.id and date > '1/1/2012' GROUP BY id, name, email ORDER BY 1"
    GK
    __________________________________________________ _____
    if you found this post is useful click Give Rep button (bottom side on this reply ) and agree

phoenixaz is offline Contributing User
    Thank you for that GK.

I am getting this error:

Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'from'.

I appreciate your efforts.

Share This Thread →

Become Part of This Conversation

Join NowFor Free!