1. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Cool Why different browsers produce different Printed format for the sama ASP Page

Hi all,
    I have an ASP page which provides a print button and on clicking which prints the content of a div based upon its Id in javascript function. WHat hapens is that when I print the page in Fire fox it gives an improper format. When I print using IE it gives some different distorted printed page. and when I pront in chrome , even it has some deviation of the page that is printed from the original page being viewed. I am having hell a lot of divv's in my page and I am writing few div's dynamically in my VBScript code as well. where ever and what ever might be the browser, they should producte the same consistent page as output right..? then why is this variation happening?

Thanks,
    Pavan.
  3. Contributing User
    ASP Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

it is not asp problem. Check your html output code. Same browsers allow you to miss something in your html and continue still wrapping page correctly, but some not...
    So. Fix all your html problems. Pay attention to closing tags and tables...
    GK
    __________________________________________________ _____
    if you found this post is useful click Give Rep button (bottom side on this reply ) and agree
  5. No Profile Picture

HI GK,
    I am displaying the data in the div's in my page. I have a total of 162 starting div's and also 162 closing div's in my page. So I guess that the div missing is not the problem. However I will aso be searching for other aspects. kindly let me know if you have any more comments.
  7. No Profile Picture

I have the dynamically generated div content in ASP Script. which prints div's and insert data into them when page is rendered. I print using the button on page which calls a function. that takes div id as parametrr and generates html using tehdiv's innerHTML attribute. When I print the doucment using document.print. wil that all execute the page again with scripts and write to word doucment? or uses the page layout for printinig. I am in a confusion now. I guess this might be causing the issue here. please comment.