Notices

Great community. Great ideas.

Welcome to ASP/Free, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge of Microsoft's development and administration technologies. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.

Thread: 1&1 Reviews

Share This Thread →
    devshedjenny is offline Contributing User

1&1 Reviews

1&1 develops high-quality products for beginners and professionals and operates high-performance data centers in Europe, the USA and Asia. They guarantee maximum reliability thanks to 'dual hosting' - the geo-redundant hosting of your website in two geographically separate data centers. They provide high-performance availability through their strong, global backbone and excellent customer service, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

More than 10 million customer contracts and countless awards affirm their excellent performance as one of the biggest e-business and web hosting providers.

To learn more about 1&1 and what it has to offer, please click here.

Are you already a customer? Want to discuss your experience or post a review to help other customers? Please do so by clicking the 'Reply' button below!
    Last edited by jamespayne; November 27th, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

sqlconfused is offline Contributing User
    I used to be a 1&1 customer for a few years. Their interface is very easy to use and creating domains/sub domains was very easy with their interface. The price was quite reasonable.

Unfortunately I began receiving 'service unavailable' messages. I contacted support many times over the course of that summer and received no definite answer as to why this was occurring. Finally one tech was able to give me an answer - my page was giving the Service Unavailable message due to using too many server resources. It was a simple Access database of no more than 1400 records and moderate visits daily.

I recall having one specific directory for write permissions as well (for databases) however I required other directories to have write permissions as well (eg. for image uploading). I don't know if 1&1 currently allows users to set write permissions on other folders but at the time I was limited to the one /db folder.

In the end I had to change providers and no longer have these issues (and have since upgraded to SQL).
    Last edited by sqlconfused; November 27th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Share This Thread →

Become Part of This Conversation

Join NowFor Free!