Notices

Great community. Great ideas.

Welcome to ASP/Free, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge of Microsoft's development and administration technologies. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.

Thread: Safari issue with div tag and panel

Share This Thread →
    viplort is offline Contributing User

Safari issue with div tag and panel

All other browsers are working nicely, but the below code isn't working in safari. When the panel set to visible true in code behind it doesn't adhear to the height I set for it and instead just displays everything which rollover other objects in the page naturally. I've tried setting height for div tag and panel and neither work for safari. I can use the overflow attribute of the div tag, but then I'm left with to sets of scroll bars which isn't very appealing (the panel bars and div bars) to fix the issue.
    any thoughts on how to correct this or a work around for it??
    Code:
    #Items {position: absolute;
          right:130px;
          top:200px;
    }
                  <div id="Items" style="text-align:left; width: 360px; height:170px; overflow:scroll;">        
                            <asp:Panel ID="pnlShowItems" CssClass="Items" GroupingText="Item List" ScrollBars="Vertical" runat="server" Width="352px" DefaultButton="btnSearch" EnableTheming="True">
    <Gridview1>
    design code left out for simplicity
    <Gridview/><panel/><div/>

ChiefWigs1982 is offline Cunning Linguist
    I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    I don't know if it would cause the problem, but you are not closing
    your HTML elements correctly. The forward slash goes at the front
    of the closing tag, not the end.
    Code:
    </Gridview1></panel></div>
    Support requests via PM will be ignored!
    Route of Queue | The General FAQ Thread | HOW TO POST A QUESTION

Perfectly Impossible - is the eagerly awaited debut release from Jayne Sarah - please buy it - it's really good!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWigs1982
    I don't know if it would cause the problem, but you are not closing
    your HTML elements correctly. The forward slash goes at the front
    of the closing tag, not the end.
    Code:
    </Gridview1></panel></div>
    thx for the response chief....sorry about that, I was typing it in on the fly and reversed the order. It is setup correctly...doesn't pay to type sometimes when cut/paste would have eliminated that issue, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by viplort
    thx for the response chief....sorry about that, I was typing it in on the fly and reversed the order. It is setup correctly...doesn't pay to type sometimes when cut/paste would have eliminated that issue, lol.
    So after hours of trying to figure this out and not much help around the net for this issue and removing widths and heights that are commonly referenced as problems to these kinds of issues and whether its a div issue or panel issue, ajax issue... I figured it out. Save yourself lots of time by NOT setting the panel to a scrollbars="vertical" and instead simply set it to scrollbars="auto" and this will work in all browsers. Setting it to the vertical method breaks for some reason in Safari.
    Hope this helps save someone a bunch of time.

Share This Thread →

Become Part of This Conversation

Join NowFor Free!

ASP Free Advertisers and Affiliates