Thread: Form Template?

1. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy Form Template?

Im using Access2010 for a class this semester, and am going to ask a question that Im sure has a simple answer that will leave me slapping mysef in the forehead!

So here it goes! I have a form laid out exactly how I want it laid out, how do I carry that format over to all of the other forms I need to make, and is their an easy way to do this when using the form wizard? Any guidance is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance
  3. Contributing User
    ASP Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Are you saying you want to copy the form you have and create a new one exactly the same? If so, then highlight the form in the navigation pane, Click on Control +C, then Click on Control +V. Access will offer a new name for the form. You can change it. It will paste the new form into the navigation pane. It will have all the same properties as the original form. You will need to change the properties of the form to reflect any new tables/queries that the form should be bound to.

While I understand this is a school project, why would you want to have duplicated forms? I am baffled by this.
    Alan Sidman
    Office 2010, 2007, 2002

If I helped you, then click "give rep" button in the lower left corner.
  5. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Just duplicate property formats I guess is what I was trying to say, its for a fake animal shelter DB, and we must have a form for each table...well they all need to look the same, but there are like twenty tables...I was hoping I could use the properties from the one I have completed, for the title formatting, logo, color scheme, and text box border styles... Hopefully that makes more sense
  7. Contributing User
    ASP Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

My solution should work for you. When I was referring to properties, I was specifically referring to the recordsource where you are binding the form to a particular table. In particular on the Data Tab of the properties. If you have any combo boxes, you may have to reset the properties for the combo boxes if the record sources are different.

Alan