1. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Tab through access form deletes form data

Hey - I'm having a problem on accidentally deleting the data from a form I fill in in access. When I press tab, enter, arrow, etc. (all the shortcuts to move to the next field) once I get to the last box, if I press any of those options that take you to the next box, it goes to the first field and deletes all the data I have typed in. I'm sure it's just a simple setting or I need to insert something that is specific as a last field, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. Basically, I don't want the next field shortcuts to clear the information when it goes from the last field to the first. I've looked online and haven't been able to come up with much, it's hard to research such generic terms.

The only thing that came close to looking like a solution was the client settings of access options but I tried changing a few of the options there and nothing made a difference.

Help please!
  3. Contributing User
    ASP Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It's not really deleteting what you typed in. If you check your table it's most likely still there. It's moving on to the next record. You can change this by going to properties, under the 'Other' tab, you'll see a property called cycle. It's default is 'All Records', change it to 'Current Record' and it shouldn't do that anymore.