Notices

Great community. Great ideas.

Welcome to ASP/Free, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge of Microsoft's development and administration technologies. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.

Thread: GoDaddy IIS 6 and IIS7

Share This Thread →
    Pryach is offline Contributing User

GoDaddy IIS 6 and IIS7

I have two shared accounts at Godaddy. One uses IIS 6 and one uses IIS7. On both I have websites in Classic ASP.

On the IIS 6 account, when I make an error in code and upload it then try to access that page, I get an error message that looks like this:

Code:
    Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400' 

Expected statement 

/file.asp, line 2
    It tells me the error code and gives a line number. I usually look at that line and figure out the problem.

With IIS 7 I upload the file and navigate to the page and I get this:

Code:
    Server Error
    500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
    That's it. No useful information. I have no way of debugging this page without setting up IIS and MS SQL in the exact same configuration as it is on GoDaddy on a local computer (this is my work computer so that's not going to happen).

I talked with someone at GoDaddy. He says they are still tweaking IIS 7 configurations and can't give me an answer to why it is behaving like this.

Is there anything I can do, some kind of file I can set up (like an ASP.NET web.config file) to get the same kind of error messages on my IIS 7 account as I have on my IIS 6 account?

lewy is offline Alter Ego Wizard
    If you got access to the IIS Manager, please take a look at the following page. Show ASP errors on IIS

If you don't have access to IIS mgr, direct the tech support at your webhost to the URL above.
    ................... ASCII and ye shall receive ..................
    Knowledge is the only resource on earth that multiplies when shared

Support the Shemzilla Project