Notices

Great community. Great ideas.

Welcome to ASP/Free, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge of Microsoft's development and administration technologies. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.

Thread: Flash: Problems with embed code.

Share This Thread →
    cooperljrh is offline Contributing User

Flash: Problems with embed code.

hey all.

i have always had problems with embedding flash in my webpages. i try using the import feature with dreamweaver, and it wants to tag on some script to the page that i also have to upload and reference..which i did, despite my wanting to, and it took me FOREVER to figure out why the ef some variables werent coming into my stage and it was because how dreamweaver wanted to put the code vs how the browser wanted to read it. now cs4 is throwing some conditional nonesense in to test for ie...

all i want it so tell the browser to put the gd movie on the page, and pull in a querystring variable or two.

can someone please tell me the most simple syntax to attach an swf.

thanks!

relaxzoolander is offline Registered User
    same here.
    heres what i have come up with of late.
    it works in all major PC browsers and has also been successful in safari on the MAC.
    [flash...of course...will not play on the ipad]

Code:
    flash="<object classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0' width='440' height='287' id='video' align='middle'><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='sameDomain' /><param name='allowFullScreen' value='false' /><param name='movie' value='video/video.swf?vid="&vidnum&"' /><param name='quality' value='high' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#c4c8d1' /><embed src='video/apcovideo.swf?vid="&vidnum&"' quality='high' bgcolor='#c4c8d1' width='440' height='287' name='video' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='sameDomain' allowFullScreen='false' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' /><EMBED href='video/video.swf?vid="&vidnum&"' quality=high bgcolor=#c4c8d1 WIDTH='440' HEIGHT='287' NAME='video' ALIGN='' TYPE='application/x-shockwave-flash' PLUGINSPAGE='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></EMBED></object>"
    change the flash parameters as needed for your use.
    as you can see...i am also passing a variable to flash using the 'vid' variable. this actually dynamically tells flash which video to load.

you will also need to adjust the location of the swf file in this code as needed.

i send this entire block of code to the page as a variable=flash.

good luck.

Share This Thread →

Become Part of This Conversation

Join NowFor Free!