1. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Multiple Language DVD (lecture slides)

Hi I work at the multimeda and marketing department of the university which I am studying at.

I have got a new challenge recently.
    I have to make multimedia DVDs for the students who are registered at our university but they are not able to attend the lectures.
    So I have to make DVD which contains slides for a given course and the voice of teacher has to be synchronized with particular slides while he lectures.
    The challenging point here is that the DVD must be in more than one language, and the student should be able to change the language in the middle of the presentation.

for example the student starts listening and watching the slides in english, later he realizes that he is not capable of understanding some professional terminology so at time x (let us say at, slide no 5, [3:12]) he changes the language and the video does not stop neither the audio, everything must continue as it was but in different language. This is something similar like satellite receivers when we change the language from the remote controller, nothing stops in video or audio, just the language is changed.

Is something like this possible to achieve, what type of technology does it require, is there any software that will help me to do this, or which software tools should I use to make all this work?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Really its very challenging but if you need to change the language (audio) in middle time of a presentation they all needed to be run parallel to the current set language.
  5. No Profile Picture

hey everyone

just stopping by to say hi