Hi,

I am doing a drag drop of an outlook item to my VB.Net form. Once I have dropped the mail item i am releasing the objects using the below code:
This is in the dragdrop event of the form:
Code:
                            outlook = CType(Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.GetObject("", "Outlook.Application"), Outlook.Application)
                            Dim explorer As Outlook.Explorer = outlook.ActiveExplorer
                            Dim outlook As Outlook.Application
                            Dim selection As Outlook.Selection = TryCast(explorer, _
                            Outlook._Explorer).Selection
                            Dim mailItem As Outlook._MailItem = _
                                      TryCast(selection.Item(1), Outlook._MailItem)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(explorer)
                            explorer = Nothing
                            System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(selection)
                            selection = Nothing
                            System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(outlook)
                            outlook = Nothing
                            System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(mailItem)
                            mailItem = Nothing

GC.Collect()
                            GC.WaitForPendingFinalizers()
                            GC.Collect()
                            GC.WaitForPendingFinalizers()
I am able to get the selected mail item details. But once the mail item is selected, the mail item is locked and not getting released till the application is closed. Can anybody help in this context?