1. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SQL ERROR Server does not exist or access denied

Hello everyone, this is my first post so hopefully I'm doing everything correctly. I have seen others with a smiliar issue but different enough that I wanted to post my problem.
    I am running a loop in Microsoft Access 2003 that is checking one view in SQL and updating another view. The record count being updated is about 60000. The loop starts perfectly and runs
    for a while updating records correctly and then suddently I receive the error "microsoft odbc sql server driver tcp/ip sockets sql server does not exist or access denied". I then start the loop again and
    it runs fine for a while until the same error message appears. I have had this problem off and on with various loops I've set up in my access database. Sometimes the entire loop works fine, even with large
    record counts, other times it does as I described and runs for a short while and then stops with the error. It seems like a network error but I can't track down any network problems to coincide with the
    appearance of the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
  3. Contributing User
    ASP Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Why you run that in Access, Why not on SQL server on SQl server everything will be done internally, No big communications, no network errors.
    GK
    __________________________________________________ _____
    if you found this post is useful click Give Rep button (bottom side on this reply ) and agree
  5. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think your Sql statement syntax is not correct, that is the reason of the error. When I created Sql statements I found good help to Sql templates here: SMS Gateway - Database user, SQL templates. It is quete specific since an OzekiSMS software uses the sql statments but I hope it will help you too.