August 3rd, 2011, 05:17 AM
How to Save/Capture Yahoo! Messenger Video Chat
How to Save/Capture Yahoo! Messenger Video Chat
Yahoo! Messenger is very popular like Skype, MSN, etc. to make video calls with our friends from school or work and keeping in touch with our family even reconnecting with childhood playmates in a different country. Also, built-in free conference call feature can help us communicate simultaneously with many people in different geographic locations. If the participating computers are equipped with webcams, we can view the other participants while chatting using a microphone or a headset. And with its high-quality, full-screen video calling capability, we can experience the presence of our friends and family during an IM conversation.
Many people maybe need to record their interesting and precious moments to play it with any devices or keep it as souvenir, although Yahoo! Messenger disables recording video chat. But Camersoft Yahoo Video Recorder is designed for Yahoo! Messenger users to save/capture Yahoo! Messenger video chat with ease. It can accurately select your Yahoo! Messenger video call window automatically and recording duration is not limited. After recording Yahoo! messenger video, it will be saved as AVI files so that you can watch them with any media players on your computer conveniently. If you want to play it with cell phones like iPhone, Nokia, Blackberry or some digital players like iPod, PSP, Zune, Creative Zen even upload to YouTube or other websites, you can convert your recorded videos into applicable formats like MP3, MP4, 3GP, WMV, AVI, MOV, MPG, M4V, OGG, APE, VOB, WMA, AAC, AC3 etc. with its convert function. In fact, it’s very worth to have this recorder tool because of video converter is extra given you freely when you register yahoo video recorder.
Now, we will learn how to save/capture Yahoo! Messenger video chat easily with this excellent video Recorder.
Step1: Free Download and Install Camersoft Yahoo Video Recorder
It’s free to download Camersoft Yahoo Video Recorder from:
Camersoft official website
And install it following the direction. You need restart your computer after installing.
Step2: Record Yahoo! Messenger Video Call
You should run Camersoft Yahoo Video Recorder first to make sure that the audio can be recorded successfully, and then run Yahoo! Messenger program. Click on the friend you want to talk to, and then click on the “Video Call” icon to start a video conversation. There are two modes “Auto-Selected Region” and “Select Custom Region” for you. Click “Custom Region” button to draw an arbitrarily-sized region which you want to record. When you put the mouse on the corner of the region, you may drag it into new position. In addition, the black box on the bottom of UI will show the recorded time and you will see the clock is running when recording. Finally, click “Stop” button to finish recording your video call. If you do not click “stop” after the conversation has ended, it will continue recording.
Certainly, you can also click “Auto-Select Region” button to begin to record your video chat. At this time, the whole video call window will be identified automatically, but you couldn’t change the size.
Step3: Play, Convert and Edit Video
1. After recording, the recorded video will appear in the list, you may double-click one file you want to play, and then the file will be opened by the default video player on windows, or you could click “Open Folder” button to select one video file you want to play.
2. Click “Convert” button to convert your video files during all popular formats you want: MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MP3, AAC, OGG, etc. so that you can enjoy the video easily and create the video to replay any time you want with your iPhone, Blackberry, Nokia, Zune, PSP, iRiver, iPod, YouTube, and so on.
If you want to play your recorded Yahoo! Messenger video with your iPod, you need to click “Convert” button followed by the pop-up window of Camersoft Video Converter. And then you should select the video files you want to convert by “Add File” button and the format "iPod Video MPEG-4 (*.MP4)" for your output files. Now you could click the “Convert” button to start to convert your file checked. A little later, you can enjoy your video with iPod after converting is successful.
3. You could edit the video with the function buttons: Options, Crop, Effect, and Trim
a. Options: If you want to customize the output video’s quality, you can click the "Options" button to open the settings window and set video resolution, video bitrate, audio channels, and audio bitrate. Also, if you do not set them, the software will use the default setting to convert.
b. Crop: This function helps you cut off the undesired area from your movie video and choose your favorite clips to convert.
c. Effect: If you want to get special effect movie, please click this button. You could tune the Brightness, Contras, Saturation and Volume. In addition, you can select gray effect or Negative effect.
d. Trim: This function is to get a part from one title or chapter. It is easy for you to set the "Start Time" and "End Time". And this is often used to get some music sections from an entire movie.
1. The default path to save the recorded video is C:/CamersoftOutput. If you thought the recorded video is not perfect, you can click the "Change Folder" button and select a location on your computer for it.
2. If you want to make several files output as one you can choose "Merge into one file".
3. You need restart your PC when finishing installing Camersoft Yahoo Video Recorder.
4. You should run Camersoft Yahoo Video Recorder firstly, and then run your Yahoo! Messenger.
5. When you start recording just then Yahoo! Messenger is working, you will be warning close Yahoo! Messenger first before recording. There will be no audio recorded if not to do this.
5. You can go into official website to get more details about Yahoo Video Recorder and learn how to use it smoothly.
It is indeed an easy way to save/capture Yahoo! Messenger video chat with Camersoft Yahoo Video Recorder. It is also a wonderful video edit program, because it could convert the recorded AVI to many other video formats, and it enables you crop, trim your video and add effects to your video either. You can handle it just as you like, for example, share these recorded files with your friends by mobile phone and other players, even upload it onto some video sites like YouTube.
Please visit my blog for more details