Notices

Great community. Great ideas.

Welcome to ASP/Free, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge of Microsoft's development and administration technologies. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.

Thread: Windows Xp not loading

Share This Thread →
    tangayikah is offline Registered User

Windows Xp not loading

When booting XP, gets to screen that says press f1 to retry or f12 for setup...does not pass this screen. f1 does not allow to boot...f12 enters setup utility. I dont know anything abouty setup utility. What is the issue? Why won't the computer boot to windows log in screen?
    Faq

LeifNelson is offline Registered User
    hi, I think you should first check your HDD. So first open one of the panel of your CPU and check if HDD Data cable or SATA cable is properly inserted in HDD and in motherboard. Once it is been checked by you then save it by pressing F10 and reboot your system. If it wan't work then insert Bootable CD and reboot your system select repair or new installation of OS for easy going.
    Faq

etrade123 is offline Permanently Banned

you should be check bios

first of all you should be restart system after that press delete or f2 then you will enter in bios setting after that chose first boot cd rom after that hard disk after that flopy disk. then f10 to execute main menu when you restart systme then show cd.... then click enter after that follow rule which system says..
    Faq

See if anything here helps.

http://guide.nilpo.com/startup
    Don't like me? Click it.

Scripting problems? Windows questions? Ask the Windows Guru!

Stay up to date with all of my latest content. Follow me on Twitter!

Help us help you! Post your exact error message with these easy tips!!
    Faq

Saraer78 is offline Registered User
    when I start up it states that home windows didn't begin effectively which a current hardware or software program change might have triggered this. It is going onto state if my personal pc ceased responding, re-booted unexpectedly or had been automatically turn off that I should choose Final Recognized Good Configuration. In order to start home windows usually in the event that start-up was disrupted because of energy failing or pressing the power switch, or if I am uncertain.

I attempt both of these options and only method I get a azure display that is states "a problem continues to be discovered as well as home windows has been shut down to avoid damage to your computer." Additionally, it says when I maintain obtaining this information that I ought to disable or un-install any kind of anti-virus, drive defragmentation or back-up utilities. Check your hard disk config, and appearance for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK F/ to check for hard disk problem, after which reactivate your pc. Then a line along with "technical information" with a couple of numbers subsequent.
    Faq

GMT
    GMT is offline Registered User
    It could be a software issue(like faulty drivers, have you installed a firewall or av recently), maybe a virus, or indications of a faulty hard drive. I recommend you download speedfan, install it(it's free), then look at the s.m.a.r.t(harddrive) information, it show you a nice graph to the state of your hard drive. If your hard drive is in good then I recommend installing the same version of windows over top of your existing, it should replace any default files that maybe missing without deleting any of your files or settings.

If you still can't reach windows at all, then you need a recovery cd(use a distro of linux that supports live booting if necessary then copy relevant files from the windows partition to a spare hard drive, usb stick, etc...)
    Faq

This thread is a year and a half old.

Thread close.
    Faq

denzaltrueman is offline Registered User
    First check your hard disk cable is properly attached and then try rebooting. If it wont work then press F8 and go for safe mode. From start meny, system restore and just restore your system to latest check point. Hope it will work.
    Faq

Share This Thread →

Become Part of This Conversation

Join NowFor Free!