Notices

Great community. Great ideas.

Welcome to ASP/Free, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge of Microsoft's development and administration technologies. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.

Thread: Web Hosting Backups

Share This Thread →
    Nile Hadwards is offline Registered User

Post Web Hosting Backups

It is always better to invest in a web hosting company that offers backup solution for your web site. The following are some of the common reasons that confirm the need of web hosting backup plans.

* In case the hard drive of your server machine fails due to any reason.
    * Web hosting backups is necessary in case you delete all your data accidentally, or if the database gets infected by any virus.
    * Often many people ignore the necessity of keeping a back up of their server hard*drive while reloading an operation system.
    * Web hosting backups are absolutely essential if you are using a shared server. There are many instances where a single account of a shared hosting server has crashed the entire server.
    * Keeping back ups for web hosting are also essential if you are planning to change your web hosting service provider.

Crish Bronzs is offline Registered User

Post Re :

Imagine waking up, and data on your primary hard drive has been lost due to hardware failure, hackers or even a disgruntled employee deleting vital information... The reality of the Internet is that even with multiple levels of redundancy, data can still be lost. Ideally, your company should have at least two backup sources, which are maintained on a regular basis. So, the question should not be, "Do I Need Backups", but rather, "How Many Backups Do I Need". Although the answer varies, depending on the nature of your company's data, ensuring two backup sources for all critical data is a minimum requirement in protecting the vital data that your company has spent thousands, even millions to build and maintain.

jakson0100 is offline Permanently Banned
    If your data is important don't solely rely on the included network backup from your provider (in the case of shared hosting accounts). Do your own backups of your website as well, ultimately you are responsible for your own data.

John Dale is offline Contributing User

Post Re:

Web hosting backups are absolutely essential if you are using a shared server. There are many instances where a single account of a shared hosting server has crashed the entire server.Web hosting backups are absolutely essential if you are using a shared server. There are many instances where a single account of a shared hosting server has crashed.

josephvijay is offline Registered User
    Yes it is definitely true. Back up is certainly necessary. It would avoid unnecessary hassles. I have hosted my site with Tucktail.com and they provide me daily backup feature.

Red John is offline Contributing User
    To keep your data and file secure, its recommended when you bought the hosting plans to complement with backup and recovery features, so that when you will changes hosting company, you can do easy to move on.
    Windows Hosting | Latest Hosting Technology Supported

Share This Thread →

Become Part of This Conversation

Join NowFor Free!