Thread: Image question

1. Contributing User
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Image question

I know there are posts for this everywhere. I can't seem to get anything out of them in a way I need.

I need for a user to upload an image, then save that file BUT resize and save a thumbnail and a midsized image so that one upload will save 3 different images. What is the best method to do this? Iím not asking anyone to write code just need pointed in the best direction.
    killgorack.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    ASP Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by KillGorack
    I know there are posts for this everywhere. I can't seem to get anything out of them in a way I need.

I need for a user to upload an image, then save that file BUT resize and save a thumbnail and a midsized image so that one upload will save 3 different images. What is the best method to do this? Iím not asking anyone to write code just need pointed in the best direction.
    You will need an application on the hosting server (chestysoft's csimagefile www.chestysoft.com or aspjpeg www.aspjpeg.com), if you are not hosting the site yourself most providers will have these or equivalents already installed. You will use the application alongside an upload application e.g. aspupload. They are all easy to use well documented and will do exactly what you need. I would recommend you save the uploaded and resized images to directories as opposed to a database it's faster. See http://www.holsworthylocallink.co.uk/photo_comp/photocomp2.asp for a page I created using the same technique.
    Hope that helps.
    Rob