1. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

PIN Code Login Application

Hello Dev. Guru,

I want to introduce myself. I am Stanley Ojadovwa by name. I知 a freelance and a newbie in web application development. I知 currently using ASP as my application server technology with Microsoft access as my database source.

Just as I have introduced myself, I知 a newbie in web application development. I知 currently working on an application that will allow students to check their results and admission status online, but they will have to get a PIN Number or Code before they will be able to do exactly that.

Now, what I have in mind is that a student will enter their names, examination numbers and the PIN Code into a form and then click on the submit button. The feedback after clicking on submit is that the particular student examination records and status are queried from that database and displayed for that student to see.

Validation Rules:

The application must display only the records that belong to that student.
    The PIN Code entered by the student must correspond to the one already stored in the database.
    The application must be in a way that the PIN Code cannot be used by more than one student. That is if another student wants to use that PIN Code, an error message should appear telling the student that the pin code has been used by another student depending on how or what message you want to display.
    The PIN Code must not be used for more than a specified number of times.

Now that was a brief overview of the kind of application I want to develop. However, I知 having problem with its development. I decided to write to see if there is a way you can help me out. You might have seen the source code for such an application before now, please send it to me or you may want to help me by writing a quick one of such application, or a anything you have in mind regarding the application.

Anyway, I have gone ahead with its development. I will give a brief idea of how far I have gone. What I did was to create a database with three tables namely; PIN, LOGIN and RESULT. The PIN table contains all the pin numbers which will be entered by the webmaster such that when the student enters a particular pin code it will query that table to see if the pin exist else it will tell the student that it is an invalid pin code. If the pin exist in the PIN table the form input should be submitted to the LOGIN table and then store the input in a cookies and then be directed to another page which will query the RESULT table based on the information stored in the cookies to bring out the particular student痴 information.

To avoid to much details visit (URL address blocked: See forum rules) for a sample of the kind of application I知 talking about.

I will really appreciate if I get a response from you regarding this application. Thanks for your understanding and support. You can send your feedback to(E-Mail address blocked: See forum rules)

See you at the top!

Stanley
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    ASP Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Seeing though you have started the development then it would be best that if you have a specific problem then post a question about it.

Your system is easily achievable if it is broken down into sections.