Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Shadow Wizard
    Your Wish Is My Command, see the original post I have uploaded
    new code that support different compression level for the thumbnail.
    To set desired compression, add "&compression=X" to the URL
    where X is the desired number.
    Let me know if you have problem with this.
    Dear ShadowWizard, you are simply great ! I am again surprised to see how fast you did added the extra codes for compression parameter.

NEW CHANGES WITH COMPRSSION IS TESTED AND WORKING GREAT WITH NO ISSUE. Many different compression levels are randomnly checked by me from 40 to 100. Working great as expected.

Trust me now this code is unbeatable to other "expensive" image resize components like PERSITS ASPJPEG, etc. It can be used in Classic ASP pages which in my opinion used at around 85% of IIS servers. Most people are still using classic asp pages even on .Net servers. I am one of those.

Good question.. probably this code is not really in wide use or
    people just didn't care/notice.
    Your thread comes on first page with "ASP Image resize" That means hundreds of thousands of people have already used it. Many people are shy to post the feedback. Some even dont care for bugs and they keep using it at limited level. But now with the latest changes this script is simply great.

I have some more ideas to add but thinking if it will be wise to post more requests when there is no requirement. Example, sharpening, rotating, blurring, etc... Just take your own time as this is not urgent

No problem Mahendra, hope you'll put my code into good use!
    Yes sure! I have purchased a webspace with PERSITS ASPJPEG component already installed on it. But this script I will use in case this compoent gives trouble. Or if I move domains to other server.
  3. Moderator From Beyond
    ASP Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Thank you Mahendra for all the kind words and for the great feedback,
    I wish there were more like you who don't just dump something because
    it's not good but rather choose to try and improve it.

Regarding adding more features, I'll consider this but if and when this will
    happen the name will no longer fit - I'll start new thread with new code
    and of course put link in here. I'll keep this thread for image resize only,
    and if you will bump into any other bug or something that need to be
    improved, feel free to ask.

Thanks again and happy programming!

Yahav
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you Mahendra for all the kind words and for the great feedback,
    I wish there were more like you who don't just dump something because
    it's not good but rather choose to try and improve it.

Regarding adding more features, I'll consider this but if and when this will
    happen the name will no longer fit - I'll start new thread with new code
    and of course put link in here. I'll keep this thread for image resize only,
    and if you will bump into any other bug or something that need to be
    improved, feel free to ask.

Thanks again and happy programming!

Yahav
    Thanks a lot for your reply. Sure will wait for more improved version in new thread. Kindly inform when you do so. There is saying in India, "When you help others, you actually help yourself" And I found it cent-percent true in internet world. I am always there in many forums on net to help each other since many many years and see now I am helped. Thanks a lot...GOD bless you.
  7. Contributing User
    ASP Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Does the zip file contain the latest code with bug fixes? Too many posts to read here. I'm a busy man, ya know
  9. Moderator From Beyond

Originally Posted by mystic7
    Does the zip file contain the latest code with bug fixes? Too many posts to read here. I'm a busy man, ya know
    yep I keep the code in the first post up to date. feel free to use it!
  11. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up Thank you...

Registered specially to say... thank you for a great script.

Very helpful indeed.

Usage note: Had a momentary problem when target image already existed, although clearly this behaviour is by design, worth noting for anyone trying to implement though. Might save a couple of minutes of confusion.

Thanks again!

Graeme
    graememiller.com
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    ASP Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Fixed the attached ASP.NET code to save the thumbnail in
    JPEG (aka JPG) format, making it smaller in size and more standard.
    To save in other format, change this line in the .aspx file:
    Code:
    wrapper.Save(strThumbnailPath, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);
    to any of the following:
    • Code:
      wrapper.Save(strThumbnailPath, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);
    • Code:
      wrapper.Save(strThumbnailPath, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Gif);
    • Code:
      wrapper.Save(strThumbnailPath, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Bmp);
    • Code:
      wrapper.Save(strThumbnailPath, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Png);
    Where is the line of code in the aspx file, Shadow? I've looked for it and asked my pc to find it, but neither it nor I can find it.
    I found the following on line 63 but it's so much shorter that I thought it might be best to ask.
    Code:
    wrapper.Save(strThumbnailPath);
    Also, does this change mean that the ShadowUploader can now deal with GIF, PNG, and BMP files?

Whilst I have your attention, could you please tell me what level of asp.net is required for the ImageResizer to run? My ISP tells me that asp.net is installed by default on the server so I'm guessing that the ImageResizer needs asp.net 2.0 (or better) as it has ceased to function since I unticked the "install asp.net 3.5" option on my hosting package.

p.s. Apologies for mucking up the quoting thing! For some reason, it doesn't want to play.
    Last edited by Shadow Wizard; February 1st, 2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: fixed Quote
  15. Moderator From Beyond

Originally Posted by foreverforever
    Where is the line of code in the aspx file, Shadow? I've looked for it and asked my pc to find it, but neither it nor I can find it.
    I found the following on line 63 but it's so much shorter that I thought it might be best to ask.
    Code:
    wrapper.Save(strThumbnailPath);
    Also, does this change mean that the ShadowUploader can now deal with GIF, PNG, and BMP files?

Whilst I have your attention, could you please tell me what level of asp.net is required for the ImageResizer to run? My ISP tells me that asp.net is installed by default on the server so I'm guessing that the ImageResizer needs asp.net 2.0 (or better) as it has ceased to function since I unticked the "install asp.net 3.5" option on my hosting package.

p.s. Apologies for mucking up the quoting thing! For some reason, it doesn't want to play.
    I've looked now and there is this line in the .aspx file: (line 65)
    Code:
    wrapper.Save(strThumbnailPath, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg, compressionLevel);
    it means you're working on old file, look in the first post now and take the current file.

what I meant is change the ImageFormat in that line to different format.

regarding framework version it's 2.0 if it "cease to function" please give more details,
    first is the full error message, and I'll try to help you solve it.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    ASP Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

it means you're working on old file, look in the first post now and take the current file.
    OK. I've replaced my file and will shortly replace the line. Is it OK to save in a different format to the format of the original image? For example, saving as a gif file even if the original was a jpg file.

Am I correct in thinking that the ShadowUploader won't upload gif, png, and bmp images? If I'm incorrect, please let me know as I've set up my application to expect only jpg files, and I'd really like to accept other formats.

Re: ImageResizer ceasing to function - No error message appeared - it just didn't create a thumbnail. Everything else on the page worked perfectly.
  19. No Profile Picture

Unhappy Problem with the resizer

I don't know why the code stops after cheking desired image size and writes "image file does not exist (check ASPNET permissions)" .

I've checked if the file .jpg is in the folder and it is.

I post the querrys => ImageResizer.aspx?image=render.jpg&thumb=resized_r ender.jpg&width=800&height=-1&compression=70

What should i check about ASP.NET permissions??

I'm a noob, i've tried to read the code but i didn't understand much.

I wonder if someone can help me. Thx
  21. No Profile Picture

Works on hosted but not localhost

First off..... Wonderful code, and thanks for sharing and updating as needed. This has been a great help.
    I was just wondering if anyone has came across an issue where the script works fine on a hosting company's server but on a "http://localhost/ " the script is doing nothing. No error, but the operation is not completed.

- I'm using regular ASP (not .net) to use this script...

- MSXML library versions 2,3,4,5,6 installed..uninstalled..re-downloaded..reinstalled..
    - IIS 5.1
    - and the IUSR account has write access to the directory where the thumb is to be saved.
    - ASPNET account has full permissions to the fore mentioned folder

It works perfectly on my hosted server but my "http://localhost/" just will not do anything with it, but no errors either. I usually code with the .net environment, so my local server is set up to utilize asp.net.

I thought at first that this was a permissions issue, but now I'm at a loss due to I created a script that creates and saves folders and .txt files and that works fine... (folders get created and .txt's are saved to the same directory where I want to save the re-sized image.)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And, Thanks you again!

-
    Lotus
    Last edited by Lotus30; April 1st, 2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
  23. Moderator From Beyond

sorry for the late reply guys!

@forever - the Uploader do support any kind of image, however as you already
    discovered, resize can work only on JPG images.

@Borisarg - you can follow the steps here:
    http://forums.aspfree.com/asp-develo...ide-96087.html
    in step #6 where you choose account, simply choose ASPNET account.

@Lotus- try browsing directly to the .aspx file with the proper query string
    arguments, what happens?
  25. No Profile Picture

@Lotus- try browsing directly to the .aspx file with the proper query string
    arguments, what happens?
    That worked perfectly. I guess the ASPNET user account was not getting the proper permissions on the root. Thank you very much! That was exactly the info i needed.
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by indiacam
    Dear ShadowWizard, you are simply great ! I am again surprised to see how fast you did added the extra codes for compression parameter.

NEW CHANGES WITH COMPRSSION IS TESTED AND WORKING GREAT WITH NO ISSUE. Many different compression levels are randomnly checked by me from 40 to 100. Working great as expected.

Trust me now this code is unbeatable to other "expensive" image resize components like PERSITS ASPJPEG, etc. It can be used in Classic ASP pages which in my opinion used at around 85% of IIS servers. Most people are still using classic asp pages even on .Net servers. I am one of those.

Your thread comes on first page with "ASP Image resize" That means hundreds of thousands of people have already used it. Many people are shy to post the feedback. Some even dont care for bugs and they keep using it at limited level. But now with the latest changes this script is simply great.

I have some more ideas to add but thinking if it will be wise to post more requests when there is no requirement. Example, sharpening, rotating, blurring, etc... Just take your own time as this is not urgent

Yes sure! I have purchased a webspace with PERSITS ASPJPEG component already installed on it. But this script I will use in case this compoent gives trouble. Or if I move domains to other server.
    I'm new to this forum and wanted to say thanks for all the development work on this great tool. I'm still trying to get this working for me and after having read much of the historical posts, I seem to be having the same issue with the thumb image not being created. How did other people get around this issue? Sorry if someone already posted the answer to this question, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks for any assist you can provide, I would really like to get this working ASAP.
  29. Moderator From Beyond

Originally Posted by steve.davis-usa
    I'm new to this forum and wanted to say thanks for all the development work on this great tool. I'm still trying to get this working for me and after having read much of the historical posts, I seem to be having the same issue with the thumb image not being created. How did other people get around this issue? Sorry if someone already posted the answer to this question, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks for any assist you can provide, I would really like to get this working ASAP.
    When you browse directly to the .ASPX file, what do you get?
    With some luck you'll get error and after some debugging we'll
    be able to sort it out quickly.
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
  • Jump to page: