1. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Form bg color not showing correctly in IE?

I have a form where the user puts their name, address, email, etc. I have it so the background color of the text fields and dropdowns are blue. Now when I load the page in netscape it shows them all as blue but when I load it in IE it shows the first two as yellow, then the next 2 text fields and dropdown as blue then the last 3 text fields are yellow again. I dunno if its just my browser or what. But you can check it out at http://www.myfreebid.net/testform6.asp try it in both(NS and IE) if you can and netscape shows it correctly, IE makes some of the fields bg yellow. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Also, this is how I did it.

<head>
    <style type="text/css">
    .textbox {color: black; font-family: "verdana", "arial", "tahoma", "sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;text-align: right; background-color: #000000; width: 140px}
    select {font-family: "verdana", "arial", "tahoma"; font-size: 7.5pt; color:#ffffff; background-color: #2D2983;}
    input {font-family: "verdana", "arial", "tahoma"; font-size: 7.5pt; color:#ffffff; background-color: #2D2983;}
    </style>

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

blue to me on IE 6.0.2800.1106 on XP Pro

edit: btw, ie seems to default to yellow if you have less than all 6 hex characters there. That's only thing I can think of that might have been tripping you up.
  5. No Profile Picture

Alright cool. Thanks for the input. I'll look into the hex codes and see if I can figure out why its defaulting to yellow. Thanks again.
  7. No Profile Picture

Heh, just to update in case anyone else ran across this problem.. I found out that its because the computer I was using had the google toolbar installed and it makes any autofill field yellow so you know google can auto fill it. HAHA. I would have never guessed.

Anyway, thanks for the help on this.