1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Angry MultiColumn Combo Values pull wrong column

I may be not understanding how values are captured from comboboxes, but below is something that I want to capture the selected datum in the first column of combobox.

Code:
     Me!CmbDiscName.BoundColumn = 1
            intRow = Me!CmbDiscName.Value
    Now the combobox is a very flexible one, I use it to display lists of different kinds of data and it can have from one to three columns at a given time all controlled by VBA events. The combobox when clicked (this is the event) will find a record. Second column is needed to find record but holds ID values that are duplicated, thus the selection JUMPS to the first record that matches the ID. Problem is, this tends to pull the second column, there could be many causes for that. and I just want to know is that the code above should give me the first column or is this not always the case?
  3. Contributing User
    ASP High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Mattwesterville
    I may be not understanding how values are captured from comboboxes, but below is something that I want to capture the selected datum in the first column of combobox.

Code:
     Me!CmbDiscName.BoundColumn = 1
            intRow = Me!CmbDiscName.Value
    Now the combobox is a very flexible one, I use it to display lists of different kinds of data and it can have from one to three columns at a given time all controlled by VBA events. The combobox when clicked (this is the event) will find a record. Second column is needed to find record but holds ID values that are duplicated, thus the selection JUMPS to the first record that matches the ID. Problem is, this tends to pull the second column, there could be many causes for that. and I just want to know is that the code above should give me the first column or is this not always the case?
    The default Value of a combobox is the value of its bound column. If you want to specify the value of another column, you refer to its Column() property, like:
    Code:
    Me!myCombobox.Column(2)
    (Note that the column numbers are zero-based, so the above would refer to the 3rd column)
    Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.