1. No Profile Picture
    ASP Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Trying to figure out an arrays 2 dimensional logic in an Access 2007 problem I have

I have a table of 12,000 records with 10 columns (using Access 2007). I am trying to do a recordset to select from 2 columns and put those values in a column at the end of the table (both columns are sorted due to the nature of the data). One column is an ID column and the other column is a name column. While I am running the recordset, if the first ID column looks at the next row in the ID column and sees match AND if the Name column looks at the next row in the Name column and sees that there is a matching Name, then the ID column value is populated to an empty column at the end of the table. If any of those columns deviate from that condition (one column shows no match or both columns show no match), then the ID column and the name column from that row are appended and placed in a different column at the end. Basically the idea is that each row looks ahead to the next row to see what the field value of the ID or name (the values in these columns are based on a previous week’s report). Would anyone be able to help me with this code? Do I set it up with a muti-dimensional array or? Thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture

It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel on the world.
    Glad i discovered this on google. You efforts to provide us so nice and useful information are pretty good.